Saturday, January 07, 2006

'Real' sushi?!

When I was talking to my sister on New Year's Day, she said she wanted to eat some sushi. It seems it is really popular in Australia nowadays. But actually when we talked more, she said she likes sushi that doesn't have raw fish!

Today's Japan Times newspaper has a really interesting article about the popularity of sushi in Australia. The story mostly focuses on Sydney, so I don't know if you can find 'new' sushi in other cities. --> http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20060107f4.htm

How about me? I LOVE sushi and have lots of favorite ones: scallops, salmon, salmon roe, horse mackerel ... in fact, most sushi! I eat it 2 or 3 times a month. Sometimes my husband makes it at home but he is a bit heavy handed with the wasabi!


A

scallop - ホタテガイ
salmon - サケ
salmon roe - イクラ
horse mackeral - アジ
heavy handed - (he uses too much wasabi) 苛酷な, {高圧的な, 無器用な}

No comments: