Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Best Sushi

The best sushi in Tsukuba is Yamato Zushi on Nishi Odori, just north of Route 354.

It is 'kaiten sushi' (sushi that goes around on a conveyor belt) though the price is a little more expensive than family type kaiten sushi. BUT the fish is always delicious and the pieces are quite large. Because of the quality and size, I think Yamato is much better value than cheaper restaurants. And I've NEVER had anything that wasn't delicious.

The best dish is one fillet of sea eel (anago). Just wonderful! Oh, and if you go to Yamato, you can get set plates for a party or you can choose your own varieties and make up a special party plate just for you. Here is a plate that my husband and I made. The price is the same as if you ate in the shop. By the way, if you phone ahead to make an order, you must get one of the ready made plates from their take-out menu, so I recommend you go and choose your favourite things or the fish of the day.

No comments: