Monday, May 01, 2006

Flowers and frogs

Remember the flower I asked about recently? Thanks to M, I know the name. She said they are 'musukari' in Japanese. I found that name comes from the Latin name of the plant - muscari. In simple English they are called 'Grape Hyacinth' because they look like a bunch of grapes! Actually I think they look more like little bells.

Here is a really nice homepage that shows a great picture of the flowers in a famous park in Holland. --> http://www.theplantexpert.com/springbulbs/Muscari.html

And remember the frogs? Well I haven't seen any in my garden this past week because they have all moved to the rice fields. The farmers have been filling the fields with water and the frogs are in paradise! You can hear them in the daytime, and at night it is like an orchestra of frogs :)

No comments: