Monday, July 17, 2006

Another Indian Restaurant

A while ago a friend recommended a new Indian restaurant in Ninomiya so my husband and I tried it out. It's called Raja - India/Nepal Foods Raja.

There is a lunch menu with various options and prices. We chose the set with two curries, naan (or rice), salad and a drink. It was just over 1000yen. The four curries we had were mutton, Kashimir chicken, keema and vegetable. All were delicious but the mutton was the nicest. The naan was great - really big and not so oily. The waiter asked if we would like more naan {okawari} but I think one per person is enough! Oh, and we chose 'average spicyness' {futsu} for the curry. It was nice but maybe next time I'll try the medium level. I had iced chai to drink. That was okay but I prefer stronger tea. Lassi is not on the set drink menu but you can get it at an additional price.

The service was WONDERFUL! I was really impressed with the sincerity of the greetings, the service during the meal and when we left. I think we will go there quite often from now.

By the way, Raja is not so new because it opened in February. That shop used to be a coffee shop, so you might know the place - the Parkside Building in Ninomiya. On Nishi Odori, turn between Mercedes Benz and Otaru Zushi, go about 100m and you can see it on the right, parking is on the left.

I was pleased to find another Indian restaurant because my other two favorite places weren't so good last time I went. My husband also said the taste wasn't so good, and a friend said so too. I don't know if the menu changed, the cook changed or they were just having a bad day! But the disappointing thing was that TWO restaurants' quality fell. Hmmm.

No comments: