Saturday, July 15, 2006

Spicy Cod Roe

A few weeks ago N gave me some spicy cod roe. She ordered it from Fukuya in Fukuoka city, where she lives. Fukuya was the first store that started making spicy cod roe. This season the store brought back it's original recipe for one season.

I received 3 different packs - mild, regular and original. The original was the spiciest but the most delicious! I really recommend it. I don't think you will be able to buy it in department stores, so you might have to call the Fukuoka store direct.

I made lots of different dishes with the roe ...



Simply on rice!








Fettucine with cream sauce.









As a snack with Italian crackers, cheese and blueberries.










Mixing the left over sauce in the container with yogurt to make dip.







And these are scallops in miso sauce also from Fukuya!

No comments: