Friday, September 15, 2006

Injured

Last week my arm was injured. The muscle around my elbow suddenly began to hurt and then one night I could feel a nerve pinching in my inner arm. My whole arm, hand and two fingers hurt so much I couldn't sleep.

I rarely go to the hospital but I decided that I should have my arm checked in an orthopedic clinic, so I went to a large hospital in Tsukuba. What a waste of time! The doctor only spoke to me for 2 minutes, made me have an X-ray, then said there was no problem!!!


I was SO angry! I cancelled classes for the whole morning and wasted 3 hours at the hospital but the doctor didn't explain why my arm hurt or give me any advice. I couldn't use my arm - not to drive, use the computer or even write ...

That afternoon I went to my regular massage clinic in Takezono. The therapist was so kind and carefully checked both of my arms. He explained why my arm hurt, gave me a massage, showed me some stretches and even told me how I should sleep so that my arm would be comfortable.
I really wish doctors would consider patients' feelings. Maybe some people do go to the hospital to waste time and are not really sick. But I go to the hospital only when my condition is serious - so I expect the doctors will help me get better. When I left the hospital this time, I felt worse than before I went yet I still had to pay!

No comments: