Wednesday, October 11, 2006

In the garden

Here are some cute creatures I found in my garden recently:


A frog that was sitting on the top of the washing pole, about 160cm from the ground. I caught it and put it on the grass, but it climbed back up immediately! I was annoyed because I wanted to hang out sheets, but I guess it was annoyed because it was enjoying its sunbath. Finally I left it on the end of the pole and it stayed there all day!




A baby lizard on my husband's hand. Baby ones don't run away and if you put your hand out, they will climb on it. He is really cute, isn't he?




A cricket. There are lots of these and they make a lovely sound at night. I can also hear bell crickets but I haven't been able to find them in the daytime. I love the sound of autumn insects but as it gets colder, the singing gets weaker and soon it will be silent.


No comments: