Sunday, December 03, 2006

A new supermarket

I found this new supermarket in Matsushiro. It is kind of strange because a few years ago there was a regular supermarket just across the road. That store closed and the building was rennovated and is now a wedding reception center. The new supermarket is in a building that used to be a toy store, which closed too! And next door is an empty shop that was a used book store.

Anyway, the new place is a 'professionals supermarket' and it has a lot of bulk items for restaurants, etc. I was happy because I could find a 2 liter bottle of vinegar there. (I use vinegar for cleaning.) The prices are reasonable for most things, even for brand name products. For example, the vinegar is a popular Japanese brand.

But please be careful because other things are not such good value. My husband bought some frozen gyouza dumplings and they tasted awful! I hope I never go to a restaurant that serves them ...

No comments: