Friday, March 18, 2011

One week

It is hard to believe that one week has already passed, isn't it?

I hope everyone is doing well, where-ever you are tonight. We are still here in Tsukuba and don't have any plan to go anywhere.

We went to Kasumi supermarket at Lala Garden this morning to get some necessary groceries, and it seemed to be almost normal. There were enough fresh foods and even the bakery inside Kasumi was open. I've heard most of the other shops in the mall are due to open on Monday the 21st.

The gasoline stand across from Lala Garden had a looooong line when I went to the classroom this morning, but about 1 hour later it was closed. I'm sorry, I haven't heard of anywhere to buy gasoline easily.

The cats have been REALLY naughty today. They understand what aftershocks are and look up quickly when the first rumble can be felt in the ground, but they don't seem to be able to predict an earthquake is coming.
The fish freeze quite often - I guess they can feel vibrations even before we can hear sound - and I guess it means they felt quite traumatized at the time.

For readers not in Japan, it is difficult to explain but you can hear the bigger aftershocks before you feel them. It is like the ground is growling :( Luckily there have been fewer shocks today and tonight. Most last night were over magnitude 5, so basically earthquakes in their own right, but short which is a good thing.

Anyway, Tsukuba and Japan are my home and I don't want to go anywhere else.

No comments: