Saturday, April 23, 2011

My favorite singer

For the past few years I haven't listened to much music. I don't really have any reason for not listening, just not in a music phase :)

But this is a video of my favorite singer. I bought 3 of her CDs when I lived in Tokyo 11 years ago. Her name is Sissel.

WHO??? is what most people ask me. But even if you don't know her name, I'm positive you've heard her voice. This video is of the song I like the most - but at the beginning and at the end, you'll hear the music she is most famous for. The producer of that music first heard her singing this folk song and wanted her to sing for the movie. The Norwegian folk song is called "I know in heaven there is a castle".

She sings a very wide range of songs - from this folk song which is a prayer, to pop music. Please search on Youtube and listen to some more of her music.





And this next video is the full length of the Titanic Overture. Many people think Celine Dion also did this, but Celine only sang the main song.




I think that if angels do exist, then this is the type of voice they surely have :)



Finally, please listen to this really interesting song that is called a wedding march, but is just "dum de dah" :)

No comments: