Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sample email - friends

Here is a sample email you could send to your friends:

Dear Jane,


Thanks so much for your email and for worrying about me. My family and I are all fine.


Yes, we did have a big aftershock yesterday evening and some this morning, too, but everything is okay. 
Last week the children started kindy and school. They were really looking forward to seeing their friends again. They were at home yesterday when the aftershock hit. They were a bit scared but I think I worry more than they do!


Please don't worry about the radiation. Tsukuba is about 170km from the nuclear reactor. The BBC reported that the level of seriousness of the accident increased, but the situation hasn't changed in the past few days. Our daily life is basically normal. Yesterday the phone lines were busy for a while, but our electricity and water were not cut. 


I'm sending some pictures of the cherry blossoms in the park near our house. Having a picnic under the cherry trees is called "hanami". This year it was very quiet but we could enjoy the nice weather.


love,
Hanako

No comments: