Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rotisserie chicken

A specialty rotisserie chicken shop opened in Tsukuba this week. "rotisserie" is a kind of roast chicken, but while it is being cooked, it is constantly turned around and around. You can buy it everywhere in Australia.

This new shop has special roasters from France. They only sell chicken, and take out coffee. (A strange combination.) Anyway, I bought a chicken today and was really, really looking forward to eating it.

The size is rather small - about half the size of a regular whole chicken. They are split down the middle when they are cooked, so they can be cooked evenly. It costs 1,250yen for one chicken, so not so cheap.

My opinion? I'm really sorry to say that both my husband and I were disappointed. The chicken itself doesn't have much flavor. But the big problem is some kind of soy and spice sauce that the skin is coated with. It was a little burned, so the taste was just burned soy sauce :(   It would be much better with no sauce.

Oh well, we shouldn't cook roast chicken at home now because of electricity cuts, but maybe next weekend I'll cook some chicken in my BBQ :)



No comments: