Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Swimming, 7/26

Here are my swimming results from this past week. If I keep a record I can check back later and see my progress :)


I take 500ml of Vaam sports drink to the pool. I make it from powder and 500ml of water - the sachets are very convenient, one sachet to one pet bottle. Actually, I use a drink flask which keeps my drink cool :)

It is really important that my drink enters my stomach and is processed into my body quickly. There are two reasons for this: one, I need to get water from my stomach and into my blood quickly, and two, my stomach needs to empty very quickly so that I don't feel sick when swimming!

How to empty your stomach quickly??? GULP the drink in big mouthfuls! I drink about 300ml of drink in the first 30 seconds of my break. When much liquid goes into your stomach, it will also empty out quickly. I read this in a sports medicine (science) paper. If you sip slowly, there is not enough liquid in your stomach at one time and it is more difficult for you to be re-hydrated.


This type of Vaam is the only sports drink I like - the others are too sweet. You can buy it at the pharmacy in Lala Garden, or at Xeebio, or even on Amazon.jp. 

No comments: