Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Swimming again

Photo from Hotel Okura's website
On July 1st I started swimming again after a seven month break. At first I was busy, then the earthquake hit and the pool was closed, then the hours were shorter. From July the schedule returned to normal and I thought, "Right, now is the time to start again!"

For now, my swimming week starts on Wednesdays, so every Wednesday I'll try to give you an update. The week starts on Wednesdays because Tuesday is my total rest day. Last week I started on Friday (it was the 1st, and my holiday).

On Friday I was really shocked because my body simply wouldn't move like my head thought it would. I stopped after 1.5km. Before when I was swimming seriously, I could swim 5.5km five times a week. I guess it will take me up to New Year to return to my full strength.

By the way, I'm a member of Masters Swimming Japan. Of course I don't race, but it is interesting to read the members magazine and see the times of races for each age group. It is amazing that men and women in their 90s still swim races!

No comments: