Tuesday, December 27, 2005

End of year jinx?

Did you have a nice Christmas?

My Xmas Eve was great - I went to a party. There were two families plus my husband and I. It was kind of a mixture of a Japanese/English/Australian Christmas! Thanks to the K family for inviting us.

And I received a lovely End of Year Gift from NK. Thanks so much for the very delicious prawns ('shrimps' in American English)!

But Xmas night was horrible! I started to feel sick and by lunchtime yesterday I just wanted to die! I won't go into the details - but imagine a day spent either in bed or in the toilet .... I tried drinking Pocari Sweat but I couldn't keep it in my stomach, and I had a high fever and felt dizzy, so I decided to go to a clinic.

Do you know Teshirogi Clinic on Route 408? I'd only been there once before, but it is really nice and I like the staff. The doctor told me I had a stomach virus that has been going around Tsukuba lately. Hmm, what a nice Xmas present from someone!

I don't know why, but this is the third time in six years I have been really sick with a stomach virus at the end of the year! Maybe a jinx?

Anyway, today I'm really tired, but my stomach is better and my fever has gone down. But I have no energy to do 'spring' cleaning!


End of Year Gift - お歳暮
go around - 流行っている
spring cleaning - 大掃除 *

*It is called 'spring cleaning' in English because most English/European people do a thorough cleaning in the spring when the weather is better.

No comments: