Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Stay Safe

Why does everyone seem to forget road rules at the end of the year? Not just in Japan, but in Australia too! So many people are killed in traffic accidents at this time of the year.

Today I had to go to the post office and supermarket, and just after I left my house a car almost hit mine. The woman ignored a red light. Two minutes later another woman was going to turn right in front of me, again ignoring the road rules. Then on my way home an older lady was trying to cross the street on foot and almost got hit by three cars. I don't know what she was doing because she was only 5 metres away from a pedestrian crossing with a traffic light. Wanting to hurry could have cost her life, and ruined the lives of the drivers that might have hit her.

So please leave home early and take your time on the roads over the holiday season.

On a brighter note, I'm almost well again so I'm looking forward to my holidays.

Andrea

No comments: