Friday, December 30, 2005

A Nice Cafe


There are some nice cafes in Takezono, and recently my favorite is "il tinello".
The name sounds Italian but the menu has a wide variety and everything I've tried has been very good!

Yesterday I went to work for a while (book work) and I was feeling a little better so I decided to have lunch at a cafe. My husband was with me, so I took him to il tinello.

He chose the day's A Set and I chose B Set because it was simpler. There was a small appetizer, soup and then spaghetti with a simple butter sauce. My husband's course started with an oven baked oyster in its shell, followed by minnestrone soup and the main course was chicken and brown rice.

Actually my husband doesn't like brown rice, so I ate a little of the spaghetti and then ate his rice. Luckily he DOES like spaghetti so was happy to swap. And luckily for me, I really like brown rice. In hindsight, it was better for me to eat the plain rice anyway, though the spaghetti was delicious. It was al dente - cooked to perfection! :)

The set lunches include a drink. I like their cafe latte, and my husband had regular coffee. I just LOVE the cups at il tinello! I don't know where they come from, but they use pottery cups not china, and the designs are lovely. Yesterday I had my favorite cup. Next time I will ask where they bought them because I want to buy some like it. The size and shape is perfect and the glaze is rough so the texture is really nice to touch.

Ah, but yesterday lunch was my first true meal since I was sick, so later I felt a little bad. I took some medicine again and just had one mochi rice cake for dinner! Today I'm okay :)

Andrea

No comments: