Sunday, January 29, 2006

Latin Folk Music

Last night there was a Latin folk music performance at G-Clef cafe near my house. The music was from various Latin countries and the musicians had several different instruments. In the pictures you can see:

Kena flutes
Panpipe
Charango (5 stringed lute)
Classic guitar
Latin drum, with fur instead of skin

On Feb 19th there is going to be another Latin folk concert by a different group. I saw them last time they were at G-clef and thought it was one of the best musical performances I have ever seen. The music was so passionate and vibrant that I have been waiting for a chance to re-experience it. Unfortunately, I am going to be away that weekend, but I REALLY recommend that you go. There are only 5 tickets left (900 for admission and one drink) so hurry!



No comments: