Friday, January 27, 2006

Wonderfully relaxing .......

I went to a hair salon today. A bit unusual because I usually work weekdays so can only have appointments on weekends.

I LOVE going to a salon and if I were rich, I'd go every week! Now I only go once every 6 - 8 weeks (not rich yet!). Actually, I should say that I love JAPANESE hair salons. And yes, there is a difference!

So why do I like Japanese salons? Because of the wonderful service. The part I especially like is shampooing after a hair color. Today was a perfect 20 or more minutes of washing twice, conditioning, followed up by a head, neck and shoulder massage. The washing part is really nice and like a scalp massage. By the time all this finished, I was so wonderfully relaxed and sleepy that I didn't want to leave!

I don't know why other countries don't have this kind of treatment for customers. Maybe it is because the chairs aren't so comfortable so your neck would be stiff if you spent so long at the basin. But on that topic, why DON'T Australian salons have those nice lay-back chairs like dentist chairs? Most are just regular chairs so you have to squish down and crick your neck back. Not nice.

I think the perfect experience would be a hair salon attached to a private esthetic salon. Imagine having a body massage, followed by a wonderful hair treatment! I'd want a bed too, so I could take a nap afterwards. Hmmm, I'd better start saving money!

By the way, you can see my salon here in English or Japanese -->

http://www.j-cool-japan.com/

No comments: