Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Win, draw, lose

Did you watch the soccer last night?

I'm not really a soccer fan (I prefer rugby) so I didn't watch all of the game last night.

Yesterday everyone asked me "Who will win, Japan or Australia?" I really have no idea about the skills of the players on either team, but I do know that many Australian players are in the professional leagues in Europe and England. And I also know that Aussies don't give up very easily! So yesterday I said the game would be a draw at 1-1 or the Australians would win.

Maybe I am mean, but I don't understand why most of the Japanese players cannot shoot goals under pressure. I just watch soccer highlights on the TV news, but I often see wild shots at goal. It was a problem 4 years ago and it is a problem now. Even as an outsider, I can see this is a weak point that the players really need to work on.

Anyway, last night I thought that Japan would win and was disappointed that the Australians didn't try harder. BUT then in the final 10 minutes everything changed! Maybe the Aussies are tougher in hot conditions? :)

Best of luck to Japan in their next game!

No comments: