Sunday, July 09, 2006

Look carefully at the picture!

Take a careful look at these pictures before you read on ...










Last Sunday morning I saw a mini nature show in my front garden. When I looked over the rail of the veranda while putting my futon out to air, I thought "Oh, what a big black worm." But it wasn't a worm! And then I saw what the 'not worm' was doing!

This is a baby snake, and maybe it is called 'hibakari' in Japanese. -->
http://homepage3.nifty.com/japrep/snake/namihebi/hiba/text/hibakari.htm

Anyway, baby snake (which was about the thickness 0f your little finger and about 20cm long) was holding onto a baby frog (which was a little bigger than your thumbnail). Baby frog was desperately trying to escape and was actually pulling baby snake along!

I am not sure what happened in the end because they went under the veranda. I suppose baby frog became breakfast. Maybe a little sad but baby snake also has to live! Most of us happily eat meat and fish, etc every day without any thought. Baby snake might have to get his own food, but what an effort it must be!

Now I wonder where daddy snake, mummy snake and sibling snakes are???!!!

No comments: