Monday, February 21, 2011

AED/CPR course

I spent my whole weekend in Tokyo. On Saturday I had a business English class in central Tokyo, then on Sunday I was a beginner learner :)

What did I learn? Well, I went to Shibuya Fire Station and in the morning I did a course on using an AED machine and doing CPR. Then in the afternoon, first aid for children. There were about 40 international residents from Tokyo and nearby.

AED = automated external defibrillator
自動体外式除細動器


CPR = Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
心肺蘇生法

It was really interesting to learn CPR and I was surprised how much power we needed to practice on the adult dummy, and how fast we need to do it. There was also a child sized dummy and a baby one.

The course was taught by Japanese staff and/or in English by an American guy named Dave. (He translated the Japanese to English.) I highly recommend taking such a course and I hope to ask Dave to come to Tsukuba in the near future.

Here are some pictures I took. (After asking permission if it was okay!)



No comments: