Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Keeping your hands warm

This is my portable hand warmer :)

Actually, it is just an aluminium bottle (Boss Coffee) that I fill with hot water every morning before I leave my house. When I stop at each traffic light, I hold it in my hands to stay warm. Then when I get to work, I can hold it between my ankles to warm up my feet!

I like working in the early mornings, but in winter it is truly freezing here. If I don't use my hand warmer, by the time I get to work my fingers are numb from the cold. (I don't like to turn on my car 10 minutes early to heat it up, so inside the car is always under zero degrees.)

You can also use two cans if you go walking - they keep your hands warm and also act as mini-weights! Or you can put them into your bed before you sleep at night to warm up the sheets.

Another idea is to keep it inside your lunch bag to keep you boxed lunch hot.

After the water becomes cold, I give it to the indoor plants :)

WARNING: Please use gloves or a cotton cover on the bottle because the surface is HOT. And a coffee bottle is better than one containing green tea, because the neck is wider to pour in the hot water.

No comments: