Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pepper Jack (I call it "Fire Cheese")

A few months ago I was reading a novel in which the character ate a sandwich that contained Pepper Jack cheese. I remembered I saw it at the import shop in Dayztown, so the next time I was near there I dropped by and bought some. Since then I've become addicted to it!

It is a simple kind of cheese but it contains small pieces of hot peppers - maybe jalapeƱo peppers and it is SPICY! It is great melted on toast or melted over cooked sasami chicken.

I forget how much it costs, but it is expensive so not something I will buy often. Hmm, I wonder if I could buy chilli peppers and put them on top of Japanese cheese? If possible I try not to buy imported food, so in future I'll experiment and tell you how it goes. But I'll have to wait until summer when red and green chilli peppers are in season :)

1 comment:

Viv said...

hi andrea...costco sells lots of cheeses.......but maybe not this pepperjack type. want me to check next time i am there?

we often buy big blocks of cheddar there. it is great for texmex!!!!

viv