Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Something delicious

Have you ever had something delicious that was so memorable that you truly couldn't forget it, even years later?

In 1995 or 1996, I had Ogawa-ken rum raisin cream biscuits for the first time. I LOVED them! They were so unlike anything I'd ever had before. The taste was great and the texture of the biscuit part was so nice :)

But then I didn't have any for about 14 years ....

Two years ago a friend gave me some as a souvenir and then last year I found they are sold at Seibu Department Store in the special local area sweets section (sweets from different local areas around Japan). Usually they appear on Thursdays.


This brand is perhaps the original one in Japan, and surely they are the most delicious and famous. But nowadays I've become a little tired of them - maybe because I know I can eat them any time I want to.

By the way, there are 10 in a box, but if you can't eat them all, put them in the freezer and you can keep them for a few weeks :)

No comments: